BUY YOUR WINTER CARNIVAL BUTTONS, T-SHIRTS AND OTHER ITEMS FROM THE SARANAC LAKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE STORE!
The late and great journalist, Bill McLaughlin, of Saranac Lake submitted the following to the Syracuse Newspapers and it was published in the
"Amazing Facts" series; back in the 1950's.
Sgt. Bernard Brown of Saranac Lake, N.Y. a US Marine in World War II
thanks to Anne(Farrel)Stene
- was born in 1913
- was overseas 13 months, 13 days
- left Guadalcanal Oct. 13 in boat 13
- landed at Japanese - held Bougainville in boat 13
- was evacuated Jan. 13 to a mobile hospital---
- where he found himself in bed 13
- Incidentally, Brown,with only 4 men,
killed 74 of the enemy, who attacked their position at Bougainville.
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN SARANAC LAKE?
Congratulations on that TONY Brian!! If the old MARKS GRILL was still open we would all be in there liftin' a toast to you and AVENUE Q.
THE RESULTS OF TOO MUCH SPARE TIME
UTILIZE THUMBNAILS TO ACCESS GRAPHICS